Thursday, March 5, 2015

My "Creed" Poem


I believe there is a world outside of us

I believe in religion in god as hard as it is

I believe normal is overrated

I believe people can change,

 but they don't, the words

I believe education makes a 

difference, when people care.

I believe ghosts affect everyone's 

present, she affects me.

I believe wounds never heal completely.

I believe love is compelling, 

even when it breaks us.

I believe in forgetting and forgiving

I believe in the wild how consuming it is 

how refreshing it is 

and the breathtaking part of it.

I don't believe in goodbyes

I believe in the I'll see you later.

     Photo by: H.D. Carberry

1 comment:

  1. Rosa, you have some nice ideas here, but I do not see where you model the moves of our poet at all. You will need to study her craft and revise.

    ReplyDelete