Monday, June 1, 2015

My Goals

The day I thought I knew what I wanted to do was the day I thought my problems were solved. When I was still in elementary I knew I wanted to become a teacher, saw how teachers worked and I became fascinated with the career option for myself, I went home and played with my younger siblings pretending that I was their teacher and they were my students.IMG_2920.JPG
I remember the end of my fourth grade year my teacher asked if I wanted to take worksheets to play with my siblings, and being me I was super excited, I couldn't wait to get home. Those are the kind of things that I’ll always remember because it is what brings me closer to the ones who I most care for.  I have always been the one to help out others, help when someone didn't understand or needed help. I have always loved working with children, now in high school I have more opportunities to do so. In student council we have an opportunity to go out to LHS’s feeder schools and help students with work or with problems they might have in school. Having this opportunity has definitely opened up my mind a bit more to the future I would have if I was to pursue this career. I feel like every school year I see something new that seems interesting to me that I say I want to do, that is why I want to research more on the top two careers that I have chosen.
I always knew I wasn't scared to go to the dentist, I was actually interested to know what they were going to do to me, even though I didn't really know what it meant. Every time I go to my sister's job I see how people interact in a dental office and has fascinated me because it's definitely something I would consider working in. I have seen what a dental hygienist does to help the doctor and personally believe it's one of the most important jobs in the dental office, I chose dental hygiene because I feel it is important for people to understand how to take care of their oral health, and helping them to know what they need to change to accomplish the healthy mouth.
300px-Dental_hygienist.jpg
I have always thought it was important to know which career I was to follow because I didn't want to be so fed up in a mess that wasn't so important because I want to focus more on my studies to get there then worrying about getting there. That is why I wanted to research more on both these careers, because I feel like both of these have had the most influence on me exposing me to different opportunities. Hopefully exploring more on these careers will help me to make a choice when the time comes. I believe one of these careers will help me succeed in the helping of others that I have always wanted to be I have always thought that the way I see my family has affected the way I see others. I haven't seen my family as the best I think that is why I have always wanted to do better, better than they have done, than they have done to others. Especially my older sister who has never been there for me I believe has influenced me to do better things that she would have never done, because I have always had my influences from the worst scenarios are the ones that have made me a better me.


My goal is to show everyone seeking a career what opportunities they have in teaching and dental hygiene. By showing these videos, I can explain the reasons behind the meaning these careers have for me. This video shows the inside of a prek classroom. It shows how it actually works instead of simply explaining it. This video will show most people the daily life of a teacher and will show if their interests are towards teaching by seeing how it all goes. Seeing this video or even actually being in the actual classroom may trigger the person to pursue that career, because it is such a neat experience.classroom1.jpg

This video will show how it is a day in the life of a dental hygienist. With the encouragement of joining their profession dental hygienist I believe have the easiest part in the dental office if that's what you're looking for. A dental Hygienist's main job is to check the patient before the dentist actually sees them, they clean their teeth and check what needs to be done.


2470.jpg


Hopefully this deepens the meaning of these careers to other people as it did me, by helping make my decision I have felt a relief in knowing what I want to do after high school.


IMG_2922.JPG


My focus is when I decide what career I want to pursue how I am going to get there. I want to be able to identify how to become both a teacher and a dental hygienist, to do this I am researching these careers as I come across websites that have helped me understand both career options, through the many websites I came across some that gave great information about the careers.


For a teaching career I found EarlyChildhoodTeacher.org that gave great information on how to get a teaching certification, and I actually made a point to look up information on Texas certification and found that I would have to:


  • Earn a bachelor's degree in an accredited college/university
  • Complete a state approved Educator preparation program
  • Pass required assessment for desired grade level or subject
  • Submit an application with appropriate documentation
  • undergo fingerprinting for background check




20 comments:

  1. Thoughtfully and thoroughly shared information here. I hope you keep moving forward to reach your goals. Go for your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughtfully and thoroughly shared information here. I hope you keep moving forward to reach your goals. Go for your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever career path you go down I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your topic was helpful towards you and possibly to others. It's clear that this project helped your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked how you opened up with an anecdote that we can all relate to

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your ideas and I wish you good luck in achieving your goals

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound like you have a plan and you know what you're going to do later in life. Also, I like how you use your experience by going to the school, dentists, and doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you all the best in your career also thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting I wouldn't have thought you were considering being a in the dental industry but I am sure which ever career you pick you will be great at it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have good information in your writing! And I'm glad you're figuring out what you want to me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omygodnesss I want to be a Dental Hygienist Rosa, great information by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I respect your decision of wanting to be a teacher especially since without teachers no one would have a job, because we'll all be too stupid to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some great information Rosa! This could really help someone who needs aid in choosing a career!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very interesting that you want to be a dentist. Most people choose other things, but its good to be diffrent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting topic.
    thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great topic! I wonder what you end up choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hopes you can achieve your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Putting two career options beside each other and attempting to make a decision that will change your life is tough. You're on the right the path I hope you make the decision that satisfies you. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very great examples to use with your careers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your topic and I wish you the best to achieve in your career.

    ReplyDelete